Astro continues to invest in high technology. A new hot printing machine is about to start operating.
Astro’s already considerable fleet of equipment will be further enriched with the purchase of a new machine for the hot side printing of closures.
The machine represents the best on the market today, because it combines maximum production efficiency with an extraordinary graphic impact: the final result is a glossy golden effect unattainable with the usual offset technique.
There are several technological innovations that make CER Ultimax-A, the purchased machine, the No. 1 in the sector:
- very high printing speed: up to 8.000 closures/h of all formats, from 25 mm to 35 mm diameter, with lengths from 25 mm up to 60 mm
- exceptional quality and brilliance of hot printing
- equipped with digital cameras for 100% quality control of the closures
- intelligent automation Industry 4.0
- possibility to receive the automatic distribution of caps
- quick positioning of the silicone matrix
- maximum safety: equipped with all European CE certifications
“The new Ultimax-A is the third hot-foil line that we install in the Baldichieri factory” – said Davide Strocco, CEO of Astro – “The increasingly sophisticated pack design of the bottles pushes the request for closures printed with extremely sophisticated techniques: it is a phenomenon that no longer only affects spirits, as it did a few years ago, but now also involves wine closures, in which we are leaders. Our choice fell on the best existing system solution, as it is in the Astro philosophy: to adopt cutting-edge technologies to guarantee, in every situation, the highest quality to our customers “