Love means respect: we feel this responsibility towards the environment and society
Here at Astro we are aware that our business can have both an environmental and a social impact. We are convinced that sustainability has to be an integral part of our business strategies, playing an important role in our daily choices and activities: we believe that profit cannot be achieved at the expense of the planet or people. This is the only way for us to maintain healthy long-term growth.
We work constantly on ecological issues and topics, along the entire supply chain and in terms of production choices.
The aluminium we use for our closures comes from European suppliers and is 100% made in Europe. It contains 30% recycled aluminium and is 100% recyclable.
Huge efforts have been made at production level to reduce the level of CO2 emissions and the dispersion of potentially polluting substances in the environment:
We have developed an innovative printing and drying system using special lamps (High Technology Lamp). This method has a double advantage in environmental terms:
- 75% reduction of the carbon footprint
- dramatic reduction in the proportion of solvents: just 5% compared to 50% in traditional inks and methods, with a 95% reduction in solvent use in inks
Astro has also developed the use of water-based inks for the off-set printing of capsules with a minimum height of 44 mm, reducing the percentage of solvents from 50% (normally used for this type of printing) to 10%.
Our sense of social responsibility is expressed through absolutely transparent and ethical behaviours which:
- contribute to sustainable development, including the health and well-being of the social fabric of our territory
- are fully compliant with international laws and standards of conduct
- envisage the rejection of every form of discrimination on the grounds of gender, race, politics or religion, also promoting full respect for human rights within our organisation